Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 6pm (shifts will vary between 2-8 hours each day) and occasional weekday evenings. Benefits include discounts on parties and classes and use of studio space for special events. $10 per hour to start; eligible for increase after two month review.
The Studio Assistant will provide customer service to painters and program participants as well as some administrative support to the studio as needed.
In this role you will instruct guests on how to use our materials and paint in the “Simply Jane” style (you will be trained on how to do this), assist with birthday parties, painting classes, camps, and other events, help with scheduling events, answering questions by phone and e-mail, and other administrative duties. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to enter into the field of arts administration.
- Instruct customers in painting and use of materials (we will teach you our simple technique)
- Art project finishing
- Assist with painting events (birthday parties, adult parties, field trips, special needs events, fundraisers)
- Direct volunteers as needed at events
- Studio maintenance and clean-up
- Answer phone and check organization e-mail and respond to customer questions
- Schedule events and register participants
- Edit Google Calendar to change hours and add events
- Create social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Update membership list in Google Drive, add new members to newsletter mailing list
- Other daily administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate for this position has a positive, upbeat attitude, excellent customer service skills, can be assertive and command attention in a crowd, and is a great multitasker who performs well in fast-paced, busy situations. Potential candidates must be comfortable working with people of all ages and abilities, independent, reliable, nurturing, and hospitable.
Experience in painting or other artistic medium is not required. The person hired will be trained in how to use our materials and in instructing others to paint in the Simply Jane style.
Upload your resume here[wordpress_file_upload notify=”true” notifyrecipients=”email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org” notifyheaders=”Studio Assistant Resume” notifysubject=”Studio Assistant Resume uploaded” notifymessage=”This is to notify you an applicant has uploaded their resume%n%%n%Best Regards” attachfile=”true”]