Marketing & Communications Manager
Simply ArtAble seeks a part time Marketing & Communications Manager to work in the studio approximately 25 hours per week. Must be available to work occasional weekends and evenings. Starting wage $17/hour, with possibility for increase after 6 month review.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will serve as part of the management team, alongside the Executive/Creative Director and the Development & Operations Manager. The person in this role will lead the marketing and communications functions of the organization, responsible for developing and implementing marketing activities and identifying opportunities to create partnerships, increase funding, and grow the organization.
As Simply ArtAble is a direct service organization with retail hours, open to the public, this position requires a combination of nonprofit management and retail management skills and experience. Because we are a small organization, it is necessary for the Marketing & Communications Manager to learn all aspects of the organization, including instructing painters, leading parties, and taking part in daily studio maintenance and administration as well.
Marketing and Communications
- Identify, evaluate, and creatively engage in partnerships and funding opportunities designed to advance existing programs and new initiatives of the organization
- With the Executive/Creative Director, develop and implement strategic activities in order to expand and grow the organization
- Identify and get to know our target markets and develop and implement a plan to achieve greater market penetration
- Oversee and manage website renovation and re-branding process, ensuring greater brand identity
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and presence throughout the organization
- Create, execute and manage annual marketing/communications calendar
- Manage digital content and strategic direction on all platforms, including website, social media, and e-newsletter
- With the Development and Operations Manager, develop proposals and marketing materials for funders, and work to secure new sources of corporate and foundation support
- With Executive/Creative Director, identify and develop partnerships to increase our wholesale buying power, obtain donated items, and/or corporate sponsorships
- Attend fairs and special events to advertise and promote our programs
- Build and maintain relationships and partnerships with other nonprofits, local businesses, agencies, funders, and other stakeholders
- Serve as the spokesperson of the organization, speaking passionately about, advocating for, and increasing visibility of the organization’s mission and programs
- Understand the “flow” of the studio and be vigilant and aware of customer needs and respond accordingly
- Assist with drop-in painting and studio activities as needed, including supervising staff and volunteers during events, guiding painters, completing basic admin tasks as needed.
- Experience in marketing or nonprofit communications preferred; retail or customer service experience a plus
- Strong and effective communicator, persuasive speaking and writing skills
- A self-starter, an optimist, and an opportunist
- Must have connections in the community and have the ability to engage stakeholders effectively and build relationships
- Strong collaborative and problem-solving skills
- Must be comfortable working with people of all ages and abilities
Email your resume and a cover letter by Feb. 2, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing & Communications Manager”.