Simply ArtAble is looking for a part time bookkeeper to manage our monthly Quickbooks reconciliation, sales and payroll tax submission, financial reporting and other related duties. This is a contract position, $16 per hour, approximately 2-5 hours per week. Work can be done from your location or in our studio.
Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Data entry into Quickbooks of all income and expenses
- Enter cash drawer balance into Quickbooks
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all bank, credit card accounts, PayPal, and Square
- Ensure that correct account numbers and classes are utilized for revenue and expenses entries in Quickbooks
- Create and mail W-2 forms for employees and 1099s for independent contractors
- Provide financial reports from QuickBooks to accountants to assist in 990 filing
- Prepare and file quarterly and monthly taxes: MN Sales Tax, State Unemployment Tax, State Income Tax, Federal Payroll taxes.
- Track grant income and expenses and prepare final reports on grant usage
- Prepare Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, or other reports as necessary
- Prepare variance reports for management and Board of Directors as necessary
Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are very important. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience with Quickbooks online accounting.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration OR an associate’s degree and a minimum of 5 years related nonprofit accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in non-profit accounting: restricted funds, grant reporting, and non-profit tax requirements and reporting processes preferred.
- The ability to self-organize and keep multiple projects on task and on time.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.